Sons of the American Revolution
MINUTES of Chapter Meeting
Meeting date: December 15, 2012
Call to order: A monthly meeting of the Sons of the American Revolution was held at Emerald Greens Country Club, Tampa, Florida on December 15, 2012. The meeting convened at 11:45 am, President John Skillman presiding, Mike Frayn, secretary.
Compatriot Jack Bolen gave the invocation. Compatriot Ed Neugaard led the Pledge of Allegiance. Compatriot Roger Quackenbush led the SAR Pledge.
Introductions of Compatriots and Guests.
DAR Regent Mimi Leroy-Marler gave greetings from the DeSoto DAR Chapter.
Members in attendance: Alan Bell, Jack Bolen, Ed Clark, Paul Ergler, Paul Farley, Mike Frayn, Cy Gamber, Charles Klug, Luke Lloyd, David McCallister, Ed Neugaard, Roger Quackenbush, John Sessums, Terrell Sessums, John Skillman, Brett Thomas, Bob Yarnell and Dick Young.
Guests in attendance: June Bolen, Sherry Ergler, Leigh Frayn, Marilyn Gamber, Jeanne Lloyd, Hannah Neugaard, Cathy Quackenbush, Neva Sessums, Ellie Skillman, Eve Thomas, Lisette Young, Mimi Leroy-Marler, Edna Broyles, Dan Hooper, Harry Payton-Smith and Sofie Nyberg.
Introductions of members and guests.
Reports from the Board of Governors:
· John Skillman attended the DeSoto DAR Chapter Christmas lunch on Friday, December 14.
Vice President: Nothing to report.
· Compatriot Mike Frayn reported that he has received dues from all but 4 members and had one resignation.
· Compatriot John Skillman asked for additions or corrections to the minutes of the November 2012 meeting. Hearing none, President Skillman approved the minutes as published in the Newsletter.
· Current Checking account balance $5438.
· Bob Yarnell moved that the Treasurer report be entered into the record. Jack Bolen seconded the motion. The motion passed.
· Alan Bell reported that John Faulk's application had been approved at national. One more application at national awaiting approval. Three more applications at state level. Several supplements had been approved at national.
· Program and Events Chairman: Nothing to report.
President Skillman recessed the meeting for lunch at 12:00pm. The meeting resumed at 1:00pm.
Compatriot Jack Bolen gave a presentation on the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SVC). Formed by the United Confederate Veterans organization in 1896.
President John Skillman presented Jack Bolen with the Meritorious Service Medal for his contributions to the chapter and community for serving as president, directing the ROTC program in 2012, and founding the Color Guard.
Regional Vice President Dan Hooper installed the 2013 Tampa Chapter officers. The 2013 chapter officers are:
President John Skillman
Immediate Past President Luke Lloyd
Vice President Dick Young
Secretary Mike Frayn
Treasurer Paul Ergler
Chancellor Charles Klug
Chaplain Jack Bolen
Historian Bob Yarnell
Genealogist/Registrar Ed Neugaard
Sergeant at Arms Alan Bell
Member at Large Terry Doan
Member at Large Ed Clark
After the installation he gave the state report to members and guests.
Compatriot Jack Bolen led the benediction.
Compatriot Dick Young led the Recessional.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 1:45.
Secretary Date of approval: 18 December 2012
Sons of the American Revolution